Openuye Indoor/Outdoor surveillance camera review
- 100% wire-free if needed
- 130° 720P HD-camera (H.264)
- Automatic night vision
- Up to 10 meters night vision
- PIR motion detection, with push notification
- Built-in microphone and speaker (two-way audio)
- 2.4 GHz Wifi with WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Up to 128GB micro-SD card
- Built-in 3000 mAh battery
- Up to 15 days runtime on battery
- Case out of hard plastic that feels very stable, the bottom part is out of an anti slipping material
- Cloud service available (different options/prices available)
The camera comes with:
1. Micro-USB cable
2. QUICK USER GUIDE
3. Wall mounting
4. Two glue pads for wall mounting
5. One screw to mount the camera to the wall mounting
6. Two dowels and two screws to mount the camera to the wall
For technical setup you can follow the instructions on the side of the package or in the QUICK USER GUIDE.
A micro-SD card of up to 128GB can be inserted in the microSD-card slot at the side of the camera.
You have to download the CloudEdge App from the AppStore to install the camera.
The installation is easy and can be done in under 5 minutes.
You can either glue the camera mounting with a glue pad to the wall or mount it directly with a dowel and a screw.
When mounting the camera to an even surface with the glue pad, the glue pad can be removed without residue. You can turn the camera upwards and downwards, unfortunately not sidewards.
If you use the camera outside i recommend to put tape on the micro-SD and micro-USB slot to avoid water flowing in.
The quality of the mounting is improveable, but considering the price it is absolutely okay.
The app has a clear layout and the most important functions are easy accessible.
Battery depletion and Wifi signal strength can be seen in the main menu.
You can add multiple cameras to the app.
Manually taking photos as well as videos is possible. They are saved on the micro-SD card.
It is possible to export to pictures/movies to WhatsApp, GoogleDrive or Dropbox.
You can also use the two way audio, which allows you to talk clear and loud over the cameras speaker. The sound quality is very good.
Movement detection can be set in 3 different sensitivity modes.
The app offers a cloud service to store pictures and videos. It costs between 30 – 160$ per year, dependent on the needed space.
How to export pictures and videos to your pc. / Use the app on your computer:
Pictures and videos recorded with your phone app cannot be seen in the pc version.
- Download bluestacks here. Bluestacks is an Android emulator that allows you to use Android apps on your personal computer.
- Download the CloudEdge app through the Google Play Store on bluestacks.
- Login with ur CloudEdge account.
- Record a video or take a photo.
- Save this video/photo in the file manager.
- Transfer the video/photo from the file manager to windows.
If the camera is placed outside under windy conditions, i recommend choosing the lowest possible sensitivity mode in the motion-detection section.
The overall picture and video quality is really good even during the night.
In my opinion indoor pictures give better results than outdoor pictures.
This camera is great if you need to place it somewhere where you can’t lay wires, even in the garden since the camera can be used outside.
The inbuilt battery is a really nice feature, it can power the camera for up to 15 days.
I will use this camera in my garden and recharge it with a solar panel.
All in all you get an amazing camera with great features for the price of just ~50€. I recommend to try it.